Gams

Friday, November 11, 2011

You light up my life!

My latest project has been the large guest bedroom. We started out with nothing in that room, and recently purchased black furnature. I had a lot of random stuff that didn't really match in there, but I love spray paint and I figured I could make some fun accents. Here is my first project.

I have had these lamps since Phil's college house. His mom bought them at an auction for $5 and they were originally gold. In our last house I painted them silver, but I didn't really like the way the silver looked.

After some inspiration from Pinterest here is what I did.

Before:

After:


First I started out by drawing faint pencil lines on the lampshade...In hind sight I might have used tape instead so that you didn't have to erase the pencil after you write on it.

I found a poem that I liked and wrote it out in Sharpie on the shade...I started at the top and wrote around the shade because I didn't want people to really get destracted by trying to read the poem in it's entirerty.

Then I made some flowers out of differnt fabrics with earthy tones and put some pretty jewel buttons in special places and glued the flowers on the shade, not worrying if I covered up words.



Here are each of the finished lampshades.


Finally I finished the project by spray painting the lamps black.

Here is the finished product in the room...but the room isn't close to complete yet!

2 comments:

  1. I have this lampshade idea pinned, too. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! I use spray paint now for almost everything haha...I just may be doing this in the girls' rooms!!

    ReplyDelete