Gams

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Maui ~ The Luau

If you want to read about the first three parts of our trip you can read about our rocky start, the first two days on our own, and meeting up with the group.

Tuesday was pretty much the same morning routine as Monday; gym, shower, breakfast, walk.






Same afternoon routine as every other day...lay out, eat, drink, chat, read, nap.
 



After we watched the THRILLING IU game, where the Hoosiers beat the horrid Michigan State AT MSU (First time since 1994...Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!!!) we drove back to Ka'anapali for a Luau at the Hyatt. 



I'm glad we did it for the experience, but it left a little to be desired.  I don't know that I would recommend spending the money to do the Luau (at least at the Hyatt).  They dug up the pig and took it away in a matter of 10 minutes, the food was uh...sub par at best, and the waiter had trouble keeping up with the drinks (Phil ordered the same drink 4 times before he actually got it).  It is possible that it wasn't all that great because we were so far in the back, but there were about 500 people there, so the intimate feeling I expected wasn't that at all.







There were some really neat parts to the whole thing though too.  We laughed A LOT with our friends at our table and the dancers were fun, especially the fire dancer.  Plus, in the back of my mind I kept thinking of Skyping with Emrie earlier in the day when she showed me her 'hula hula' dance!


It wasn't the most amazing thing we did, but I am grateful for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment