Gams

Monday, March 11, 2013

Burlap Wreath

It is hard for me to decorate from January through March.  The weather is blah and there aren't any holidays I love decorating for (I know, Valentine's and St. Patrick's, but I am kinda 'blah' about those as far as decorating goes).

I dug around in my craft room (WOWZERS, it needs a major make over)

 
and scrounged up some items I had laying around (it's amazing I can find anything in that mess)

Here is the project I came up with for my door. It will probably hang there until the end of March when I officially announce that it is SPRING (regardless of the weather, April brings spring in my house).

I started with this straw wreath (I had left over from this wreath project)
 
 
I cut burlap into strips and hot glued them around the wreath.
 
 
 I made some weird bow out of burlap strips and glued it on (I don't recommend gluing the bow on until the very end...you'll see why in a second)

Stencil your house numbers on the side (here is why you don't glue the bow on first, my numbers ran into the bow a little too much...oh well!)


Not the fanciest of projects, but good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment