Gams

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Go With Your Gut

Everyone says that when you become a mom you get that sixth sense. That 'MOM' instinct.

Tuesday I was about to post on Facebook for advice on potty training.  I was going to ask other people's thoughts about whether I was giving up too soon or if Emrie was ready or not.

But I didn't. 

Now, one day later, I am SO glad I didn't.

Because while I know many of you would have given me encouragement or thoughtful advice, that really wasn't what I needed.

What I needed was to listen to my 'MOM' instinct and my 'MOM' instinct was saying loud and clear...THIS IS NOT WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND EMRIE RIGHT NOW!

I needed to trust my decision based on my 'MOM' instinct and not be persuaded by other's well intended advice.

Call it your conscience, your gut, inner voice...call it whatever you like...it's the same as that 'MOM' instinct (for what it's worth, I don't think moms are the only ones who have this sixth sense by the way...we ALL have it).

There are times when you can gather data, facts and logic or you need to seek advice from friends, family or others.

And then sometimes you need to just go with your gut!

Trust yourself!!! Mom friends and non-mom friends alike!!!

You don't always need affirmation from others about your decisions!

GO WITH YOUR GUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment