Gams

Monday, March 4, 2013

Maui ~ Day with Friends

If you want to read about the first part of our trip you can read about our rocky start, the first two days by ourselves, meeting the rest of the group, and the Luau first.

Back in January I went home to visit my family in California (here).  While I was there I was able to spend some time with my old college room mate and still one of my best friends, Lesley.  She mentioned that they were going to Hawaii in February and as we talked more we found out that we would be there the same week only 15 minutes away.  I didn't think I would have to fly halfway around the world to spend some time with my best friend, but I'll take it!!!

Lesley and her husband Matt had a rental car so they came and had breakfast with us and after breakfast took us back to Ka'anapali so we could see her family.  Her dad has Alzheimer's and I don't know the next time I will get to see him, so this was a really special trip for them and I was really thankful I was able to see him too (and the rest of their family as well of course:).



I have to say, their family vacation was SO COOL.  Lesley and Matt had their daughter, Peyton with them and Lesley's parents were there AND Matt's parents were there along with Lesley's sister, Jennifer and her new baby Sydney and her husband Casey AND Casey's parents.  Isn't that so cool. The biggest extended family vacation ever!!!



We hung out with the Hyatts and Wilers for a couple of hours and enjoyed our time with them tremendously.  I love those families so much and spending a few hours with them in Hawaii made it even better!


1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet, Morgan! I know the Wilers and Hyatts love you too! Thanks for posting the great pics and blogging about your visit. I'm glad you got to spend some time together in paradise! Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete