Gams

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Emrie's Room: Before and After

I put a lot of work into this room and tried to do it on a reasonable budget {under $1,000...for no other reason than I just wanted to see if I could do it}. 

Here are some of the before and after pictures just for kicks.

For the first six months we lived here, the room was just a place guest could sleep, nothing fancy
Then the neighbors gave us their crib and we were trying to decide if we should leave the bed {which will be Emrie's 'big girl bed' in about a year} and the crib in there.  There just isn't enough room for both, so we took the bed out.

Before:



After: 



Here are some of the specific projects I did for the room:

Crib

Dresser

End Table

Mirror

The Budget Breakdown:
Crib: Free
Chair: $200 (Ikea)
Dresser: $220 (Antique Mall)
End Table: Free
Paint and Supplies: $65 (Lowe's)
Hardware: $30 (Lowe's)
Fabric: $150 (Premiere Prints Fabric)
Curtains: Free
Curtain Rods: $20 (Walmart)
Book Ledges: $50 (Ikea)
Rugs: $15 each (Walmart)
Puffs: $12 (Home Made)
Lamp: $18 (Walmart/Spray Paint)
Mirror: Free (Spray Paint)
Throw Blanket: $40 (Pier 1)
Pillow: $20 (Pier 1)
Stuffed Elephant: $30 (Pier 1)
E's: $30 (Hobby Lobby/ Paint)
Canvases: $10 each (Home Made)

TOTAL: $935

No comments:

Post a Comment