Gams

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

4 Pregnant Drinks

Summer is the best time for fun, fruity coctails...but when you are pregnant, you don't really get to have those! 
So I have been coming up with some of my own drinks.  I wouldn't say they are mocktails, because I didn't really try to make them after alcoholic beverages.  I have simply been mixing up stuff that sounded good to me and is more along the lines of fruity waters or juices...but they still feel like summer to me!

Here are four drinks I made up, but the possibilities are endless and you can substitute all kinds of fruits, waters, juices...etc. and come up with your own versions.

Zesty Mineral Water
Two Bottles of Mineral Water
Squeeze half a lime in the water
1 lemon sliced
1 lime sliced
1/2 cucumber sliced
several sprigs of mint


I was really surprised by how strong the cucumber tasted, but it was WONDERFUL...I have been putting cucumbers in a lot of my waters now. 


Berry Juice
1/4 light cranberry Juice
1/2 diet sprite
1/2 diet club soda
strawberries
raspberries
blueberries
blackberries


Mama Mojito
3/4 diet club soda
1/4 diet coke
1 lime sliced
1/4 pineapple chunked
several sprigs of mint
several tablespoons brown sugar


This literally is my favorite thing to drink right now and I can just leave all the vegitation in the pitcher when the water is gone and fill it back up with more liquid, let it sit overnight and viola, I get it again the next day!

Phil said it was good, but it looks like swamp water:)

 Sparkling White Sangria Grape Juice
2 bottles sparkling white grape juice
1/2 bottle mineral water
3 kiwi
raspberries
optional: lemon and mint and peaches


 I made this for mother's day and it would be a really good baby shower punch as well

The best part about all of these is that you can throw just about any kind of fruit in mineral water, diet sprite, diet club soda, diet tonic water, diet juice...etc. and have a fun summer drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment