Gams

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Library

One of my fondest memories in elementary school was the summer reading program at the public library. My mom would take all five of us to the library once a week and we would track the books we read and we would get prizes for reading so many books.

There was a giddy feeling that came over me when I walked into that library. I couldn’t WAIT to pick out either a Box Car Children, Sweet Valley High, Baby Sitter’s Club, Goosebumps, or Nancy Drew book.

This past Tuesday I took Emrie to the Carmel Public Library for the first time and that giddy feeling came rushing over me again. There is something so exciting about walking into a HUGE beautiful building FULL of books. My dad use to always tell me that books could take you anywhere, and the excitement of knowing there are adventures waiting to be had on every page is exhilarating.

I truly hope to inspire Emrie to love books and reading and I feel SO blessed that we have such a wonderful public library where we can check out books for FREE.

On to our next adventure with the turn of each page!!!

2 comments:

  1. Elias always helps me when I'm getting my books, by holding on to them while I try to check out. Today I took him to the kids' area to read a new book. He was more interested in eating the new book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...at least he is taking the books in somehow! Emrie is the same way...She loves when I read to her, but I have to be super careful where I leave the books because she will either put them in her mouth or turn the pages WAY too vigorously and rip them!

    ReplyDelete