Gams

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall in Love - Day 12: Decorating Pumpkins

Traditionally people carve pumpkins for Halloween. I loved carving pumpkins as a kid and I can't wait to do that with my kids soon, but this year I decided on something a little prettier (and quicker and cleaner)! I stole this idea off Pintrest of course:)

Three pumpkins (bought at Kroger for $10...nothing fancy here people)

Material and supplies...Mod Podge is a crafters STAPLE!!!
Draw out your letters...I am VERY bad at fonts and in the future would use a stencil of some sort.
Trace the letter on fabric
Mod Podge the letter on the pumpkin...Mod Podge dries shiny so I went ahead and coated the entire pumpkin so it would be glossy all over.
Emrie's and Morgan's needed bows because they are girls...but I didn't like how the P and M were not outlined. So I grabbed a sharpie and traced the outline of each.
Our happy family of pumpkins!!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute...I love the bows! I am not a huge fan of carving pumpkins, but I saw a picture on pinterest of a little girl sitting inside one and I want to try it with Mia and Ava. That site keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete