Gams

Friday, October 21, 2011

Baby Food Pancakes

As I mentioned in a previous blog, I had made a whole bunch of baby food and Emrie refused to eat it. The food was still good, so I couldn’t in good conscious throw it out.

This is the 'stash' down quite a bit since I have been trying to sneak some of it into other foods and some of it was wasted by trying too long to feed it to her...


I had to figure out a way to use it (I would have preferred a way to get her to eat it, but believe me I tried several times).

So here is one thing I came up with: Pancakes!


Make the batter like you would normally.



Add in the crushed veggies (mine were zucchini and squash).


Make it into a pancake and eat it!


They really do taste very much like a regular pancake (especially once you get the syrup and butter on there)only you get an extra serving of veggies…Tell me that isn’t just brilliant!!! I am honestly going to make pancakes this way everytime now, just because I like the idea of getting in another serving of veggies in my diet.

Other ways I plan to use the rest of the stuff I have left (eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, green, orange and red peppers): Pasta sauce, pizza, stir fry…Anyone have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment