Right before Christmas break the boy I had been seeing broke up with me. Well, he started seeing his old girlfriend again without telling me and then avoided me like the plague, so I assumed he broke up with me. I know, I'm a sharp one. With those inferring skills I could have been a detective, huh?
Actually, it was a great thing because while I was home for break it caused me to reevaluate some of my priorities. I had allowed my relationships or my desire for a relationship take precedence over my relationship with Christ and I was tired of the person I was becoming. Logically I understood that two whole people make a whole relationship and I wasn't whole. God had some work to do in me before I was ready to give my heart away.
So while on break I very seriously recommitted my life to Christ. Knowing that relationships had been a stumbling block for my faith, I committed that I would not date until I graduated college (I only had a year and half left, I could handle that right!?!?!?!).
When I went back to campus in January I felt renewed and reinvented. Nothing was going to bring me down and no boy was going to suffocate my fire. As I explained it to my roommate, I didn't have room for a boy because....
"I WAS DATING JESUS!"
You'll understand later why this played such an important role in our relationship...Until Tomorrow...
You'll understand later why this played such an important role in our relationship...Until Tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment