BEFORE
IT'S DONE
(well, at my house nothing is ever really done. I still have stuff I want to do to it, but the major stuff is done anyway).
I really didn't do too much to it:
-Hung curtains (found them at ZGallery. They had been discontinued, but they had 10 left so I snagged 4 because they matched my bedding exactly).
-Bought a few throw pillows (from Target, of course)
-Hung picture frames on the side wall and above the bed (also Target, duh. I just put scrapbook paper and a couple pictures in some and printed out the words for above the bed)
-Made a little white flower arrangement (Hobby Lobby, gosh I love that store)
-Oh...AND I STENCILED THE WALL (bought the stencil from cutting edge. For less than $100 including paint and supplies and just under one day's time, a whole new wall)
In case you were contemplating stenciling...DO IT! It is cheaper than wall paper, and much faster than I anticipated. The stencil I bought had a really easy way to line it up without measuring or anything (my one recommendation is DON'T DO A PEAKED WALL, stencils aren't really made to tackle that challenge, let's just say you shouldn't look too closely at the top please:)
Now, for some of my other projects I'd like to do in there:
-Re-decorating the dresser
-Finding the perfect (cheap) rug
-Framing the T.V.
....Those things might just need to wait a little while. It's time to enjoy summer!!!
You did an amazing job with this, Morgan. Very nice.
ReplyDelete