Gams

Monday, September 19, 2011

My obsession with Pintrest

For those of you who have yet to know or experience Pintrest, let me first warn you that it is addicting. It should come with a surgeon general’s warning, it is that addicting!

It is a website that is so simplistic in concept that I am sure cave women were doing some variation of it, but some generous made it virtual and now it is BRILLIANT! It is simply a website were you create pinboards, like cork boards, each labeled with different topics (you pick your own topics) and then you are able to virtually pin anything you would like to your boards. Not only do you pin the picture, but the picture is linked to the original website that the picture came from, which is really brilliant because then you are able to read the articles, recipes, etc. that go with the picture. The fun of it, is that you can follow your friends or other pinboards that you really like and see what they are pinning to get good ideas from them.

There are so many pro’s and con’s to pintrest that I haven’t decided yet if it does me more harm or good.

Pro’s:
-There are wonderful ideas (especially for our home projects)
-Super inspirational (DIY and Gift ideas)
-GREAT recipes
-I have been inspired to do more cooking
-The pictures are so beautiful
-Very useful and thrifty tips and hints for everyday things (like how to paint furniture and get gum out of hair)
- It fuels the crafty side of my personality
-It’s FREE entertainment

Con’s:
-I want EVERYTHING (Coveting is a sin)
-While lots of projects are cheap, none of them are free (some actually become expensive)
-Thinking about all the things I don’t have breeds discontentment
-It is a TIME WASTER (I spent too much time on it when I should be doing other things occasionally)

Even with the con’s, I still love it and my friend Angie had a great idea to have a Pintrest party where everyone brings supplies to make their favorite Pintrest project (kind of like the old days when we would have scrapbooking parties). I think this s a fantastic idea.

By the way Pintrest requires an invitation, so if you want on, I would be happy to invite you:) That way you can get sucked in to the mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment