I participate in an online bible study for women called Hello Mornings. They encourage us to do three things every morning: 1) meet with Jesus 2) plan out our day 3) exercise. This month they did an Instagram photo challenge and I thought it would be fun to try.
What I did NOT anticipate was for this challenge to force me to examine how I view exercise, nutrition, my body, my mindset and their correlation to Christ. This month I have gone through a very unexpected fitness journey that I would like to share with your over the next few blog posts. Beware, it could lead you to examine your own healthy life:)
Here are the first half of my photo posts:
Day 1: Five days a week you can find me here with all my gym rat friends
Day 2: Eggs because it's leg day...pancakes with cool whip and strawberries because we were celebrating Aven's birthday!
Day 3: Complete the final phase of the Live Fit workout! I LOVE this workout and it's free on the bodybuilding.com website
Day 4: For this amazing chicken salad (I got the recipe from my friend Karmin!!) I substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream and used Safflower seed mayo instead of real mayo. The croissant roll was a splurge...hey it was the 4th after all:)
Feta Chicken Salad:
3 cups cooked diced chicken
2 stalks of celery diced
1 red pepper diced
1/4 red onion diced
6 TBSP mayo
6 TBSP sour cream
4 oz. feta cheese (reduced fat)
1 tsp dill weed
pinch of pepper
Day 5: Line 'em up...It's a family affair
Day 6: It's cliché, but lululemon is my go-to for workout clothes and I'll never run in anything but Asics
Day 7: Verse that pumps me up! Nothing prettier than back roads of Indiana just waiting to be run!!!
Day 8: Fitspiration...Rather than comparing myself to someone else's best, I am inspired to be better than I was before! One of the highlights of my life (yes, life) was completing my first marathon in '06. I trained and ran it alone. It inspired me to run a few more races and strive to improve with each one. Mentally this opened a door for me to allow myself to push my body in ways I never thought I could and never had the courage to before.
Day 9: Intervals are my favorite workout right now. 30 seconds on/ 30 seconds rest for 30 minutes. They make the time go quickly, burn as many calories as a longer, steady run and spike your metabolism to burn longer thought the day.
Day 10: Because some days your mental health and happiness is more important than the physical
Day 11: I usually work out alone, but my sister happened to be in town so I thought I'd take a lesson or two from her!
Day 11: Stacie is the only person (other than Phil) who I have ever run with. We have done 2 half marathons together and are planning to run another this November!
Day 12: Gotta love being a mom...you always have a workout buddy
Day 13: It feels good once it's over!
Day 14: It isn't a coincidence that we had a wonderful sermon on rest the same day rest was the photo challenge and it's something I have been wrestling with.
Day 15: Get Your Shine On...when I hear this song, I just want to get up and move!
Tomorrow will finish out the second half of the photo challenge before I tell a little about my health and fitness journey.
STAY TUNED....

No comments:
Post a Comment