As a precaution I was given an ultrasound. Unfortunatly, because Phil works so far from the doctor's office he wasn't able to make it, but Emrie and I saw her little sister again:)
According to the ultrasound measurements, she is measuring about one week small in all areas EXCEPT her head. Her head measured right on track {this should come as no surprise to anyone who knows the Van Gelders hehe}. Even so, with three weeks left she was measured at around 6 lbs. 6 oz. and is expected to gain 1/2 a pound every week until delivery, which could put her right around 8 lbs. still. Although Emrie was almost 8.5 lbs., 8 lbs is still a good size baby in my opinion, so I am not worried. Oh, and she is head down, which is another plus.
Here are a couple of her smooshed pictures!
Come on little girl...only 21 more days!

I was just thinking last night about how close you were! Isn't it funny about babies? She's measuring "small" at 6 lbs 6 oz...E was born at 38 weeks at 6 lbs 3 oz. She looks like Emrie already!
ReplyDeleteYou are giving me baby fever! Love those sweet photos! :)))
ReplyDeleteI love her already! Can't wait to cuddle that sweet little baby girl!:)
ReplyDelete