Surprisingly, even though I love scarves, I didn't have any infinity scarves, so I decided to make one. It saved me about %50 of the cost to buy one {the cheap ones were about $15 and I was able to make 2 for $12).
Supplies:
2 yards of fabric {I used crepe type fabric, but you can use anything especially jersey}
Sewing machine
Pins
Fabric scissors
Directions:
Start with the fabric folded in half length wise. I measured my length to be 70" long, but I might recommend making it slightly shorter, about 66". Then cut it along the fold so you have two equally long pieces of fabric. {This is going to make 2 scarves, so each long piece of fabric will be one scarf}
Using just one piece of fabric, fold it again length wise with right sides in and sew it together along the length to make a long tube.
Turn it right side out and take one end of the tube, turn the end in and pin it.
Stick the other end of the tube inside the pinned end and re-pin the end shut, making sure that both sides are lined up.
Sew the tucked end shut {I sewed two straight lines, just to make sure I caught all the edges}
And there you have a complete circle of fabric for your infinity scarf! {If you use the 70" like I did, it will be plenty long enough to double up, which was my intention, and add fullness}
{Sorry, I didn't take my own picture of the finished product, but it looks like this}

Morgan! I didn't know that you made my birthday gift--it is THAT much more special now:) Thank you!
ReplyDelete