Gams

Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's What's For Dinner: Green Southwest Chicken Salad

In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day and everything green...here is a "green" salad.

As I have mentioned before, I have an affinity for Mexican food, as does my husband. But we have also been trying to eat somewhat healthy {he always has eaten healthy, I am just recently getting on board}.

For a REALLY quick dinner tonight I made my version of a Southwest Green Chicken Salad {I called it a 'Green' salad because just about everything in it was green}.

The weather has benn WONDERFUL for March {the 'Green' is therefore appropriate} so I actually went outside and grilled chicken that I threw on top {and everything taste fresher and 'springier' with cilantro}!!! By the way, I got the simple but delicious dressing recipe from my best friend Lesley and I just added the lime part...YUM!






Southwest Green Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Bag of fresh greens
Cilantro
Green Onions
Avocado
Lemon juice
Tomato (I didn't add any because I was out, but it would be good)
Tortilla chips
Lime juice
Balsamic vinegar
Ranch dressing

Directions:

Simply cut and mix the greens, cilantro, green onion, avocado, and tomato in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice on top. Crush tortilla chips on top. To make the dressing, mix one part balsamic vinegar and one part ranch dressing in a small bowl then squeeze lime juice in as well. Grill the chicken on the bar-b-que {I use Lawry's Season Salt to flavor mine}, cut and throw on top.

MMMMmmm....Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment