This was our powder room/guest bathroom right off the kitchen and while it seems to be the most simplistic makeover, it has proved to be the biggest challenge so far.
We didn't have the budget to hire someone to re-do the bathroom, but Phil and I have done bathrooms before so I figured we could handle it ourselves.
Let's just say, I feel like I could be a plumber from all I learned after this project. Not one single thing was an easy task, especially locating the main water shut off valve (we don't have one in the house, it was covered by drywall in the basement). From unstained floors, to warped walls, to light fixtures hung at customized heights which means specialty mirrors, to unusually sized pipes requiring specialty extenders, to oil based paint, if there was a challenge, we had it.
Long story short, I worked on this bathroom for a week and a half and felt very proud of myself for finishing it 100% on my own literally hours before hosting Phil's company party, but I would never want to do it again!!!
It seems so simple now, but I appreciate this room probably more than all the others and it gave me a new found respect for handymen.
BEFORE:
Ugh, Every fixture was bright gold and when I took out the sink, the unstained floors showed around the outside of the new sink, so I had to sand and stain the floor.
AFTER:
Walls: Sherwin-Williams Duration Matte in Fawn Brindle
Ceiling: Glidden Bright White Flat
Trim: BEHR Semi-gloss in Polar Bear White
Sink, Mirror, Light Fixture: All Home Depot
Shelf: Lowe's
Basket and decor items: Home Goods







No comments:
Post a Comment