This was really hard for Phil and I to hear because both of the girls used to LOVE their rooms in Indiana. They would play in their rooms happily and often times Emrie would ask if she could go to her room where I would find her reading or coloring. We wanted the girls to feel at home here and Phil especially wanted them to have their own special space before the baby was born.
I can't really say that I blame them for not liking their rooms. They were pretty dingy and not very welcoming. So we spent a couple of weekends painting everything from the ceilings to the trim to the closets. Then we replaced the ceiling fans and removed the old blinds.
Aven had been asking for pink everything in her room, so I gave in and let her have pink bedding. And PINK bedding did she get! I have to say, while I am not a huge fan of pink, to see the pure joy on her face when we 'revealed' the room to her was priceless. She has been thanking us for her bedroom for almost a week now and it makes all the hours spent in there totally worth it!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Monogramming her sheets was a fun little detail that made the room a little more personalized
Walls: Sherwin Williams Duration Matte in Grey Clouds SW7658
Ceiling: Glidden Bright White Flat
Trim: BEHR Semi-gloss in Polar Bear White
Ceiling fan: Home Depot
Curtains: Target and I added the pink ribbon around the edge
Sheets: Target
Bedding: Target
Bed, nightstands and dresser: Pier 1









No comments:
Post a Comment