Gams

Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentine's Day DIY Decor

I have been trying to craft more lately, but I am also trying to be more intentionally frugal this year (more on that later...maybe).

With Valentine's day coming up, I decided that would be a good crafting avenue.  So I looked over the craft supplies I already owned then went on Pinterest and found some inspiration for projects I could do using stuff I already had.

MY INSPIRATION:
from southernlovely.com

This sign caught my eye, but I remembered I had this empty huge wood square and a bunch of black fabric.  So I focused on the heart cut out frame instead and the burlap banner, but I made mine different.
by Landeelu

MY FINISHED PRODUCT:
  
  







In the process of digging through supplies, I found a wreath I had made last year (here's that post), but I didn't love it anymore.  I made some minor additions and fell in love all over again.

Before:

After:



What items do you have around your house that you might fall in love with again if you gave them just a small face lift?  What supplies do you already own that could help you spruce up your space?  These spoons might be my next project.  What will be yours?

from Making Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment