Gams

Monday, October 28, 2013

Nate's Butt Farm

Okay, it is really called Bate's Nut Farm, but for my whole childhood we either intentionally or unintentionally called it Nate's Butt Farm.  To this day, I still mix it up!

This was the ONLY pumpkin patch in the greater San Diego area that I knew of (I'm sure there are others, but we only EVER went here).  This pumpkin patch has a very special place in my childhood heart and mind and I was so thankful I was able to share the experience with my girls.

When we first walked up Emrie saw the ponies.  I could have never in a million years have predicted that she would not only ask to ride the pony, but literally shake and jump with excitement at the chance to do so.  This is the same girl who threw the BIGGEST scream/hysteria fit at the mere mention of getting near a horse just this summer.

She kept saying, "I'm so excited"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The petting area was fine, until the goat literally climbed me.  Put both hooves on my stomach and was trying to get the food out of my hand.  Aven liked the chickens though.
 
Hitching a ride from Opa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm a big girl, I can carry it myself"
 
 
Always doing what her big sister does
 
 Aunt Mallory
 
We got two pumpkins and I asked Emrie what she wanted on them.  She said a ghost and a scary face.  She is demonstrating how you scoop the guts out:)
 
The leaves may not change colors in San Diego, but this trip to the pumpkin patch had fall written all over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment