Gams

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Things I Miss About Fort Wayne

Like any place you live, there are things you love and hate about it. When you move away there is always something you miss about that place. I visited Fort Wayne this week for some errands and it reminded me of the top 4 things I miss most about Fort Wayne:

1. My Friends - isn't that the case with anywhere you live, the people are what make it worth living there; they make it enjoyable and build and grow you. You build memories and life experiences with them. Yes I miss my friends from Fort Wayne.

2. You can get ANYWHERE...ANYWHERE in the city in 20 minutes or less. Phil's commute-7 minutes, grocery store-2 minutes, Church-6 minutes, Gym-3 minutes, Mall-9 minutes, hospital 5 minutes...Literally EVERYTHING is within 15 to 20 minutes.

3. The hospitals give you free diaper bags, either Vera Bradley or Cinda B depending on the hospital...but come on...FREE diaper bags, sweet! {this one probably seems pretty dumb to some people but I was pumped about it}

4. Any woman can relate to this one I'm sure...DeBrand's Chocolates...OH MY HEAVENS! Their Chocolate raspberry trouffle is to die for, so are their carmel or almond trouffles {okay any trouffle really}, but their ice cream sundaes are untouchable. I am making my mouth water just thinking about it. Of course their sundaes are supposed to be shared, but I can easily put one away by myself. If you ever happen to be passing through Fort Wayne, stop in DeBrand's and treat yourself to one of their sundaes, you won't regret it!



2 comments:

  1. I so didn't know you loved DeBrands and the choc. raspberry truffle is my favorite too!! I'm thinking a day trip for some DeBrands/Glenbrook Mall action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you get DeBrands while you were in Ft Wayne? It doesn't really do it for me. I think maybe it's because whenever my parents would get a box of them, we'd hoard them because they were so fancy. Then we'd eat them when they were a year or two old. You know what I miss...Bandidos. Biaggis. Flat Top. Casa's. Apparently, there's a theme for me. Also, a smaller city.

    ReplyDelete