Gams

Friday, January 20, 2012

MOPS Moment

Today was my first day of MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers). I will admit that although I did sign up for it, I wasn't overly thrilled to go today for a few reasons.

1) It is snowy
2)It was 9 degrees out
3) I only got notice that today was my first day on Wednesday so I had naturally already plan things for today (starting with my workout that I skipped and don't plan to make up)
4) Emrie was still asleep when I needed to leave and I HATE waking her up (she is a little like her mama in that she gets VERY grouchy if you wake her up)
5) I am still driving on my spare tire from a few days ago and really need to go get it fixed
6) I sometimes (usually) get nervous meeting new people for the first time
7) Did I mention that it is COOOOLD outside!

Anyhow, I also don't like missing stuff if it can be avoided so I bundled my little grouchy baby up and headed off on my three good legged mule and showed up early.

Boy did it pay off to get there early. Not only did I hit it off RIGHT away with the women at my table (magenta;), but I won the early bird door prize since I was, well, early (beer bread from Tastefully Simple, oh yeah, be jealous), AND I was the only one there to announce I was pregnant (I wasn't about to get up in front of 50 women I didn't know, but my table convinced me because you get a gift).






While all of that is fine and well, there was a bigger reason God put me in that room today. This very day I was made to hear the message presented by a very wise woman.

The practical lesson (oh, how I love practical lessons, with bullet points and everything...it just feeds my anal personality...and yes I took notes...yes, I am a nerd) was about how to raise children to have thankful hearts.

I can't stop thinking about the words spoken, some of them I believe God made her say right to me. I am not going to dive in just yet to the lessons learned (I am going to do a whole blog on that later, maybe even a week's worth of it...there was EASILY enough material to spend a week on it), but it was so valuable.

As I went to pick up Emrie from the nursery (it was so pleasant to hear them say she was delightful...they actually used that word for my child, my very headstrong, opinionated, handful of a child who needed a nap...delightful!) I almost started to cry (I blame it on the pregnancy hormones). I felt so blessed that God gave me this opportunity and I was filled up!

Now I am off to spend my 1 hour of undivided attention (this has been my new initiative for they year that I started a couple of weeks ago) with Emrie. I have been fired up to be that intentional, inspirational mom I was created to be!

We might also just do some cleaning with the cool home-made cleaner that we made today as our craft (all it is is 1 part vinegar, one part water...apparently it is wonderful)...


No comments:

Post a Comment