So, as my last post explained, we had to jump through some hoops to have this third baby. Because we were told we likely wouldn't be able to get pregnant for several months after surgery, we had it in our minds that conceiving wouldn't even be possible until at least spring 2015.
In October I had a girls trip planned in California for the weekend with Phil's side of the family (it's a really sweet time with his aunts and cousins that we do every year). I didn't expect that I was pregnant, but I knew that if I was, I would figure it out while on the trip. In the off chance that I was pregnant, I wanted to be able to tell Phil in person (and I can't keep my big mouth shut so I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it from him until I got home). So, I took a pregnancy test the morning before I left and I thought maybe I saw two VERY faint lines, but I really wasn't sure.
After I took Emrie to preschool in my neighbor's car (Emrie locked my doors open as we were loading up and I had to call a tow truck to come get me, but he wouldn't be there for a couple of hours), then I took Aven to the doctor to find out she had hand, mouth and foot disease (worst thing ever), I stopped at CVS to pick up medicine and a digital pregnancy test.
As I was waiting for the tow truck and in-between cleaning the carpet where Aven had smeared poop (long story, but she figured out how to take her diaper off and tried changing it herself), I took the digital pregnancy test. A big fat NOT PREGNANT showed up, so I threw it away, confirming my feelings that I was seeing things on the first test, dealt with the stay-at-home-mom-of-toddlers issues and went on my way without a second thought.
I was having a great time on my trip in California (sans kids...ahhh), but I still hadn't received confirmation that I wasn't pregnant. After having a funny conversation with some of the cousins regarding female issues, it was mentioned that altitude can affect 'mother nature'. Well, I had been flying and we were staying in the mountains, so I figured that answered that question. Plus, I just didn't FEEL pregnant. I've done this twice before, I should know if I am pregnant by now, right?
Our wonderful trip came to an end and I got home VERY late on Sunday night. Monday morning rolled around much too quickly and I decided I would take the second digital pregnancy test before I raised any concern to Phil.
That digital test took about 30 seconds before it read, "PREGNANT". I literally was shocked. Even with all the signs pointing to this end, I still could not believe this was real. After about 2 minutes of sitting on my bed, letting reality set in, I started to cry tears of joy. I could barely wait for Phil to get home from the gym so I could tell him the news!
No comments:
Post a Comment