Gams

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Christmas Story // In My Pictures

As I prepared my heart for Christmas, I worked my way through the Christmas story, focusing on each of the symbols and their significance to me in the moment.
 
"So Joseph also went up from the town of Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.  He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child." ~ Luke 2:4-5 // This was part of their journey, part of their commitment to following God's plan for their lives, their part in God's story for saving the world // Where are you in your journey?  Who are you influencing for Christ today?
 
"She gave birth to her firstborn, a son.  She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." ~ Luke 2:7 // As his mother, Mary wrapped her son in all the comfort, love and protection she had // I am now wrapped in His GRACE, PEACE, EVERLASTING JOY and SALVATION because of that baby who chose to be born and die and OVERCOME death for ME and all humanity!!!
 

"And there were shepherds living out in the field nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.  An angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of God shone around them, and they were terrified." ~ Luke 2:8-9 // The shepherds were diligent in herding their flock, especially as they were in the dark // I am beyond thankful for the blessing of Godly preschool teachers who are partnering with us to shepherd our children in the ways of the Lord.  Their training and investment in our girls have eternal affects.

"Suddenly a great company of heavenly hosts appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." ~ Luke 2:13-14 // We can rejoice because we are no longer held captive by our sins.  Not that I won't ever sin again, but now I can have peace that my sins no longer separate me from God.  I have freedom to live without guilt or worry and freedom to live life tot he fullest.
 
"Where is the one who has been born King of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him." ~ Matthew 2:2 // "The star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.  When they saw the star, they were overjoyed." ~ Matthew 2:9-10 // The Magi had been waiting for a sign.  They were looking and watching for the opportunity to worship the King and because of their vigilance, they found him!  // Every day God presents me with opportunities to see and serve him.  When I am attentive I see those signs and can act upon them.  what signs will he show us today if we are searching?
 
"On coming to the house, they saw a child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.  Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh." ~ Matthew 2:11 // Many commentaries have been written about the significance of the Magi's gifts.  I am choosing this year to focus on the spiritual gifts God has blessed me with and ways I can use them to glorify Him. What are your spiritual gifts? Want to learn more about spiritual gifts? Go to www.spiritualgiftstest.com

"Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin will conceive and bear a son, and he shall be called Immanuel." ~ Isaiah 7:14 // God came to earth in human form, in flesh, to be with us and FOR US! I am thankful to spend Christmas day with my family celebrating that 'God is with us'!

No comments:

Post a Comment