Gams

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I became THAT mom

November 23, 2006.  Thanksgiving. Phil and I were sitting in his parent’s basement, less than one month before our wedding, looking through Black Friday ads when we saw the T.V. we had JUST bought was on sale for $1000 less than what we had just spent.  We made the decision to drive the hour to hhgregg to get the deal.  That was the one and ONLY time I ever sat in a parking lot starting at midnight (yes we were first in line, yes we did walk in only to have the guy tell us that it would have been a simple price match and we could have done it at any point throughout the day…Wah Wah).

I vowed I would never do something stupid like that again…UNTIL YESTERDAY! I officially became ‘That Mom’.

I am not sure how I feel about the whole situation yet; if I agree with my actions or not, but I did it none-the-less. 

5:00 am - I woke up, got myself ready and packed the diaper bag and car.

5:20 am - Aven woke up (on her own) so I fed her, dressed her and put her in her car seat and rocked her back to sleep.

5:50 am – Emrie woke up (on her own) and I fed her, dressed her loaded both girls in the car.

6:05 am – Drove to ‘the church’.

6:10 am – Walked into the church with both girls bundled in the stroller.

6:10 am – Sit down as the 20th person in line to WAIT!

WHAT AM I DOING YOU ASK?

WAITING TO SIGN MY KID UP FOR
PRE-SCHOOL!!!!....
FOR NEXT FALL!!!!!!!!

Oh, sign ups don’t start until 8:00 am, but when I mentioned that I was thinking about pre-school for Emrie, my girlfriend said, “oh, you have to get there early for that one.” When I said, “early? Like 7:30” she laughed and said, “the doors open at 6:00, you better be there then.”

Needless to say, 19 people were earlier than me and of course I was THE ONLY NUT JOB TO BRING HER KIDS!

7:45 am – The registration sheets were passed out.

8:00 am – Registration sheets were collected.

We sat there for almost 2 hours (the girls were fantastic…books and the iPad will do that for ya), filled out our sheet and went home to wait for an e-mail to see if we even got in.

As we were sitting there I talked to some ‘seasoned pre-school moms’ (they had several older kids and were there to sign up their youngest) and apparently this practice of waiting in long, early lines for pre-school is very common. They said in NC they had to wait all night once for a pre-school…WHAT!

Again, not sure how I feel about this whole charade, or my part in perpetuating the chaos, HONESTLY, I'm not even sure how I feel about pre-school (Phil and I never went to pre-school) but I did it and now the wait begins…

I feel like I’m waiting for a college acceptance letter…DEAR LORD, IF THIS IS JUST PRE-SCHOOL PREPARE ME FOR THE YEARS AHEAD!!!

Any moms with advice, or opinions on this whole deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment