Gams

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Prayer

Last night I was praying over Aven before I put her to bed and my prayer went something like this,

"Dear Lord, Please enable me to be the best example I can be for Aven.  Let me show her what it means to be a woman."

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I felt a tugging on my heart that this was not the prayer God wanted me saying for her OR for myself.  While I think He does want me to teach her to be a woman, He was shouting something more at me.

He was saying, "Teach her to be like ME.  Show her how to have MY heart. If you show her MY love and lead with MY example, she will not only learn how to be a woman, but she will learn to be a CHRIST FOLLOWER."

What a huge pill to swallow.  How I live my life will impact hers greatly.  How I guide and act toward her will give her a perception of who Christ is, whether correct or incorrect, based on my actions.

I took a deep breath before I finished my prayer, "Lord, help me to be more like you so that I can be an example to my girls of what it means to be a Christian."

Parenting is certainly NOT for the faint of heart!

1 comment: