Gams

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stacie Kirkbride, My Running Buddy

Those of you who know me well know that moving to Toledo was VERY hard on me. But thankfully there were some people there who not only got me through, but helped me enjoy living there. Stacie Kirkbride is one of those amazing friends who encouraged me, made me laugh, took care of me, mentored me and grew me as a person and made me better.

Stacie and I worked together at Imagine Madison Avenue. She began as my mentor and quickly became my friend. We would enjoy “book clubs” or “technology meetings” after school on Fridays. We would go over to her house for bar-b-ques and just to hang out and while we had a great time together, we could be very serious together and share deeper things together as well.

If you ever want a good butt kicking, join Stacie in one of her spin classes that she teaches. I like to think I was in shape at the time, but she ROCKED me!!! This girl is AMAZINGLY fit!!! In the spring of 2008 Stacie and I ran a half marathon together. Over the course of almost 2 hours, plus the hours spent training I learned more about this woman than I had the whole previous year (when you are spent on a run your conversation is very raw). Stacie is still, to this day, one of the most resilient and inspiring people I know. She has been through more in her life to this point than many people have experienced in their whole lifetime.
Her humor and fun loving personality are what drew me to her, but it is her compassion, loyalty and candidness that make me love Stacie.

While we are hours apart now, Stacie and I still plan to run a half marathon again together and encourage each other from a distance. “Technology meetings” are no more, but here is to you, Stacie. Thanks for your friendship!



No comments:

Post a Comment