Gams

Monday, April 26, 2010

In the begining...

Here is the condensed version of our life together until now. Phil and I met in college at Indiana University at church the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2004 (He was cute but I wasn't really interested. It was a brief meeting and we did not re-connect again until several months later when a teammate of mine had class with Phil and kind of set us up (Thank you Baldy, we owe you). We dated for about a year then were engaged (it is an adorable story, ask me about it sometime) and married in California on December 16, 2006.

We lived in Fort Wayne, Indiana for a year (our neighbors, Greg and Jim, were 40 something single men who drank beer in their garage and had a pension for driving their tiny riding lawn mower and shooting fireworks at midnight...man I miss them).

Then Phil's job took us to Maumee, Ohio. We have lived here for almost 2 1/2 years now. (See that small 15 foot maple tree in the corner of the house? Phil put that in by himself...there is a reason you can pay people to do your own landscaping. See those huge 80 foot trees in the backyard? Phil and I, along with the help of his parents cut those down...oh did I mention that an expert tree crew of 4 and their bobcat had to come save us from that mess...again there is a reason there are professionals).

Marriage has been awesome and we feel blessed to have had so many experiences together over the past three years. Our bond has grown stronger and deeper with each challenge and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment