Gams

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Checking in on My 'Diaper-Pail List'

It was 4 months to D-day when I made the original 'Diaper-Pail List' and now we are at 3 months from D-day and here is how I am doing so far!

Diaper-Pale List:
1. Take Emrie to the Zoo 4 times {once each month}
We have already been 3 times in the month of March

2. Take Emrie to the Children's Museum 4 times {once each month}
We still haven't been once...the weather has been too nice

3. Make BVG2 a baby quilt
I made it, but we have changed her name since I stitched in the initials, so I need to fix that {you can see the blanket here}

4. Sew Emrie's 'Big Girl' bedding
The bedding is made and I love it!

5. Finish Emrie's 'Big Girl' room
There are four things left to do before I would consider it done: Get a rug, Hang the E's, Make the elephant wall canvases and sew a pillow for the chair.

6. Make 4 matching outfits for Emrie and BVG2 {eight total, one set each month}
I did make pants for both girls last month {Emrie likes hers, but the pattern did not account for a diaper, so I need to adjust that next time...but she looks so cute in them here}

7. Teach Emrie all the parts of the face {right now we only have eye}
She had eye and now she has nose as well

8. Go on a hike
Not even close

9. Read the Hunger Games series
Finished the first book...now on to 2 and 3

10. Plan Phil's high school reunion {this is kind of a big one}
It is in the works, we have a date and at least have an idea of what we want to do, now it is just a matter of nailing everything down.

11. Shoot at a shooting range {just because I have really wanted to}
I bought a package for Phil and I for a 1/2 hour of shooting time on Living Social...now we just need to use it!

12. Go on 4 Picnics {once each month}
Kasie and I did a picnic at the zoo...but picnics are messy with a 15 month old who wants to feed herself

13. Make all three of us girls matching headbands for the 4th of July {assuming she gets here by then}
Nope

14. Finish 2011 and start 2012 scrapbooks
I am 1/2 way through 2011...man it is taking me a long time...but at least the baby book is on track

15. Plan a really nice date night with Phil
Phil took me on a really nice date for my birthday...but that doesn't count since I didn't plan it!

16. ENJOY THE SMALL THINGS!!!
LOVING EVERY MINUTE I HAVE WITH EMRIE!!!

Only 89 days until BVG2's big arrival!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your diaper pail list. Keep up the good work! Hoping you write a post all about this little girl's name after she arrives. It sounds like you two have put a lot of thought into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. careful shooting.. the lead and loud noises are dangerous while pregnant

    ReplyDelete