Gams

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A New Look

Okay, so like most people, I get bored of looking at the same thing over and over. That is probably why we go shopping for new clothes, cars, make-up, hairstyles, re-decorate our house or whatever.

My blog needed a facelift. I am too cheap to actually pay to have a cool website designed, and I am not techie enough to do it myself, so I use the free websites.

I started doing a little "research" about what I wanted for my facelift.

Here was the problem I ran into...I STARTED COVETING!!! Everyone else has super cool blogs...the design, the header, the signatures, the content, the number of followers, advertising, sponsors...etc.

Since staying home, I have found that I have more time to peruse (read-waste time) on the computer. Most of the time I will admit I just look at facebook and Pinterest and typically I just get ideas or inspiration.

But there are times (like today) where I look at Pinterest or other people's blogs and I just get plain jealous. I want what everyone else has. I want other people's ideas to be my original ideas. I want my blog to be cool. I want, I want, I want!!!

Someone needs to slap me silly and put me in my place. WHO CARES if other people have great blogs and mine is just okay! GOOD FOR THEM!!! WHO CARES if I have to steal other people's ideas and make them my own! At least I have a cool product at the end, right?

And what about all the awesome stuff I DO have...like my sweet little Emrie and the bun in the oven and my hunky husband! WHO CARES what my blog looks like, or my clothes or my house for that matter...It is all going to be gone when I die, and I will probably just get bored of it after about a year anyway!

A new look is fine, but I need to keep it in perspective. I am not changing to 'keep up with the Joneses' (or that really cool blog _______ ). I am doing it because it makes me happy and I think it is pretty and I just enjoy a change of scenery.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog post made me laugh and I could totally relate! Like the new look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Morgan! I love the colors on here too! Oh, and I can relate:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Morgan!! And your layout is FAB. I have a slight obsession with Chevron! :) Congrats on baby #2!! I missed the big announcement since I was off facebook for a bit! Can't wait to hear what you are having!! Hope all is well momma!! XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete