Tea Buds is a new Tea Shop that opened on Main Street in Carmel and there had been an article in the paper about them (which was VERY ironic because the week before we had dinner with Phil's cousin and her husband who is from China and we had just been talking about bubble tea).
I know very little about tea, but I thought it would be fun to go try it out. So I met up with a girlfriend and we experience bubble tea together. Only this place was awesome...you get to concoct your own.
1. Start with the base tea: Green, Black or Red (I chose Red)
2. Choose your flavor: watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry, mango, kiwi, peach, almond, coconut, blueberry, raspberry, pineapple, pomegranate, pear, lychee, cranberry, blackcurrant, blackberry, acai, guava, vanilla, sugar-free peach, sugar-free raspberry, green milk tea, black milk tea (I chose guava).
3. Choose your bubble: tapioca pearls, aloe jellies, strawberry popping boba, mango popping boba (I chose mango)
Clearly as you can see the options were endless...
All of this wonderfulness served with a thick straw so you can suck up the Bubbles...ENJOY!!!
The Boba pearls at the bottom remind me of bath balls...there is a thin film on the outside and they pop with a little pressure and release the liquid inside.
Probably best served on a hot summer day rather than a cold 30 degree winter day, but oh well!
We have a place here in FTW that serves it in lots of different varieties as well, and I love it!!! So do the kids, especially after I told them it was "gummy bear tea" :)
ReplyDeleteErin Glassley