Kasie and I met back in 2009 for the first time, but our paths were destined to cross as she and her husband went to high school with Phil and was college roommates with our friend Mandy (who also went to high school with Phil). Mandy and her husband Brooks would host a couples weekend where we would stay at their house in Michigan and tailgate at the Michigan-Ohio State games. Kasie's husband, Chris, is a HUGE Michigan fan, and we met for the first time that weekend.
Phil and I were still living in Toledo at the time and Chris and Kasie were living in Indianapolis so other than the weekend in Michigan, our paths never really crossed.
Michigan reunion weekend 2010, I was 8 LARGE months pregnant and the weekend was sweetened to share it with Kasie as she told us...SHE TOO WAS PREGNANT!!!
Fast forward about 4 months, Emrie is 2 months old and now we too have moved to Indianapolis. Kasie being the sweetheart that she is (along with our other friend, Nicole...who was also pregnant at the time:) invited me to Gigi's cupcakes for a mom/mom-to-be date and the rest is history!
Kasie has been an awesome go-to mom friend {not just mom friend...all around friend...she is so much more than just a mom as all mothers are!!! We both firmly believe that being a mom is just a PART of who we are as women, not what defines us}.
Let me tell you, if you are looking for a kind-hearted, down-to-earth, practical, optimistic, God-loving, hilarious woman who tells it like it is, you need to get to know Kasie. She would give you the shirt off her back (well probably one out of her closet, starched and pressed of course:), leave you an encouraging note in your mailbox with a toy for your daughter, race to your aid to fix your flat tire and make you laugh while she is doing it!
She finds the positive in EVERY situation {literally, she can make a leaky roof into a positive}, she is comfortable in her own skin and makes others feel the same. She is virtually nonjudgemental and can see good in EVERY person. She is so humble that she will probably cringe when she sees the things I have written about her and argue that she isn't this great {she really is though}.
After spending time with her, I want to be a better wife {she talks so highly of her husband and builds him up even when he isn't around...and she is always thinking of little things she can do to make his life better}, a better mother {she will openly admit she struggles at times with the challenges of motherhood, but she pushes on purpose and gives herself the grace to make mistakes and learn from them...isn't that what great mothers do}, and a better friend {she really is one of the most thoughtful people I know, who really listens and hears what you are saying, AND remembers it later}.
She has recently started a blog called "Motherhood On Purpose" and shares great insight and wisdom {did I mention that she is a very wise woman} with a large dose of humor. Check out her blog and catch a glimpse of this beautiful person!!!
Here is the link to her blog: http://motherhoodonpurpose.blogspot.com/
I could honestly go on and on about Kasie, but this post has to end somewhere.
There are so many reasons I enjoy spending time with Kasie and I can't wait to continue growing and building our friendship as we grow and build our families and just do life together!
No comments:
Post a Comment