Since staying home, I have struggled sometimes with not making my "own" money, so days like Father's Day and Christmas and birthdays are a little hard for gift giving because in the back of my mind I feel like Phil is buying his own gift. And I know he has already seen the credit card statement so he probably knows what is coming and exactly how much I spent.
That made this Father's Day present that much more fun! I had a little money socked away from a side job I had done a few months back that Phil didn't know about {I don't usually keep secrets from him, but this was for a good reason}.
Our grill had 'burnt out' a couple of weeks ago and although it still sort of worked, it would take about 45 min. to cook a couple of burgers. That gave me the perfect gift idea for him {so stereotypical for Father's Day, I know}.
So Emrie and I went to Lowe's, paid cash for the grill, had them assemble it, used our neighbors truck to get it home and hid it in the back yard.
We planned to give it to him on Father's Day, but then he asked me that night if we could have his boss' family over for a bar-b-que on Thursday night. I didn't want to remind him of the fact that our grill barely worked, so I said yes and decided to move Father's Day up a little.
Quickly, we made a banner and a card, rolled the grill out to the middle of the patio and surprised Phil with the grill!
Her little card said, "Daddy, with these little hands, I give you my heart although you have always had it since the day I was born. You are my prince charming and will always be my first true love! Love, Emrie.
Here is the website where I printed off the banner. Plus they have all kinds of cool other printables.
No comments:
Post a Comment