Gams

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sharing The News of Baby #3

Once I figured out I was pregnant (yes, it felt like a process to figure it out:), I couldn't wait to tell Phil.

TELLING PHIL
I had brought two little gifts home for the girls from my trip to California and I figured this would be the perfect way to tell Phil.  I wrapped up the pregnancy test and told him I had brought a little gift home for him and the girls from my trip.  He was standing at the stove making eggs and when he looked in the box he got the most adorable grin on his face.  All he said was, "is this even possible?"  I had to laugh because that was pretty much how I felt too.  We agreed not to say anything to the girls until we were ready to share the news with everyone (you know how a 3 year old can be:) so we had this special little secret to ourselves for almost a month.

Unfortunately, I started getting really bad all-day-sickness starting at around 6 weeks.  Because we spend so much time with my in-laws it was getting really hard to hide it from them and I was starting to show much earlier than with the other two. I had wanted to wait until the 8 week ultrasound to tell anyone, but we decided to tell Phil's parents just before.

TELLING THE IN-LAWS
Ray and Marcia had asked us to meet for dinner and we figured this would be a good time to tell them, especially since they would be unsuspecting since they made the plans.  We were meeting them at BoomBozz, a pizzeria and thought it would be fun to make up a 'special' menu.  So Phil and I made this menu and asked the manager if he would have the waiter bring it over as the specials menu.  Well, they didn't look at it too closely, so we had to prompt them a bit to actually read it over.  Ray got it right away and Marcia was so cute; she kept saying, "No, No, are you serious?" She even looked at the waiter and asked him if it was for real.  They were pretty excited!



TELLING MY MOM
We waited a few days later, until after the ultrasound to tell everyone else.  It was the day before Thanksgiving and my mom and sister, Torrie were together in Palm Springs for a field hockey tournament. We FaceTimed them under the disguise that Emrie had been practicing what she was thankful for this year.  Phil and I went first and said things we were thankful for, like our jobs and health, then Emrie shared that she was thankful for her house and food and then when it was Aven's turn we coached her to say, "BABY" and hold up the ultrasound picture.  It was the absolute coolest reaction from my mom and sister who were totally unsuspecting.

TELLING MY DAD
Poor dad got the boring reveal.  I called him on Thanksgiving and basically just told him.  Normally I would have told him with my mom, but they weren't in the same place, so he just got a phone call.  His excited laugh is the best though, even over the phone.

TELLING THE SIBLINGS
At this point, we have a lot of siblings and wanted to tell everyone at once so a group text on Thanksgiving was the easiest.  Here was the picture they all got with the text that said "This year, we're Thankful for":



There are many exciting moments in life, and sharing the news of pregnancy is definitely one of them!  What are your creative ways for sharing your happy news?

No comments:

Post a Comment