Gams

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

'Pin'Spired Outfit ~ Black Maxi Skirt

Since I spent my whole clothing budget last month updating my workout wardrobe (oh gosh, it was desperately needed. I hadn't bought new workout clothes since I was pregnant with Aven, and I was STILL wearing them!) and this month the whole budget will be spent getting my kids stuff they actually fit in, I have no money to buy any spring clothing.

As I was browsing Pinterest, I thought, HEY! Rather than feeling blue (or neon green, or mint, or hot pink) about all the stuff on here I DON'T have, why don't I just look for ideas on how to use what I already have in different ways (brilliant idea, right? Oh, you mean everyone else and their mom had already thought of that, well I'm slow!)

During nap time yesterday, I browsed Pinterest.  Anytime I saw an outfit I liked, I quickly thought through what I have in my closet (I just took inventory last week as I 'spring cleaned' so I have a really good idea of what's in there) and decided if I had enough of the pieces to make that outfit work.

I came up with at LEAST a week's worth of outfits right off the top and the bonus to this whole experiment is that for one whole week I will actually look like a normal adult and wear something other than workout clothes in public! Without spending any money!!! SCORE!!!

Without further ado, here is my first outfit inspiration:
Black Maxi Skirt, White V-Neck Shirt






 
My Quick 'Pin'Spired Version
(look at me posing on my runway...also known as my entryway, before my kids wake up!)





I made the skirt last fall and the shirt is just a Hanes Tagless V-neck (you might want to use something classier, but hey, it's what I had).

Quite possibly the most simplistic outfit ever, and yet I would WAY over think this.  It's also a blank slate for any accessories you might want to use for a pop of color and I never think to tuck my shirt in, so I learned something new.  Bonus, it is SUPER comfortable and very wallet and mom friendly:)

Lesson Learned: Don't overthink it

1 comment: