Emrie's room doesn't get much sunlight because it has this big, beautiful tree right outside of her window. It makes for a fun treehouse feel, especially with the window seat, but with the dark walls, yellow ceiling, heavy blinds and cream trim, it felt very cavernous. So we painted the ceiling, hung a new fan with brighter lights, painted the trim and walls and took down the blinds. Painting the closet and changing out the light in there made a HUGE difference too, just to have a clean, fresh feel through the whole room.
I was happy to keep all of her old bedding, but Phil felt that she needed a fresh start and she had been asking for a desk in her room, so we decided to kind of gave her a more 'grown up' feel. I picked navy with fuchsia accents because I feel like these can easily transition with her as she gets older, but still look youthful (I mean, come on, she is only four).
You would not believe the way her face lit up when she got her big girl desk, and I have to say, I am loving all the little notes she has been writing me lately (they are mostly drawings of our family with all of our names on them since those are pretty much the only words she knows how to spell).
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Walls: Sherwin Williams Duration Matte in Grey Clouds SW7658
Ceiling: Glidden Bright White Flat
Trim: BEHR Semi-gloss in Polar Bear White
Ceiling Fan: Home Depot
Duvet: Pottery Barn Teen
Bed Skirt: Target
Sheets: Target (and I monogramed them)
Nightstand: Target
Lamp: Target
Desk: Target
Chair: Home Goods
Pillows: Target and Pottery Barn Teen
Curtains: Target











No comments:
Post a Comment