Our dining room furniture has never been my favorite, but I think I realized that part of the reason I didn't like it was because it has always been in a tan or brown colored room. I had planned to paint it with chalk paint, but once I saw it against the grey walls, I didn't mind it after all. Plus I opted to take the hutch off the buffet and replace it with the mirror from our master bedroom dresser. I never liked it on the dresser, but I think it works fine in here for now. This dining room is also much larger than others we have had in the past, so I was able to purchase two upholstered chairs to give us eight seats, which I know we will need soon. And, just to break up the wood a little bit, I put a rug under the table as well. All the other accents came from our old guest bedroom.
I actually really enjoy this room now, and for the first time in many many years, I find myself sitting at the dining room table to eat, read, or color with the kids.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Top 1/2 Walls: Sherwin-Williams Duration Matte in Earl Grey SW 7660
Bottom 1/2 Walls: BEHR Flat in Polar Bear White
Ceiling: Glidden Bright White Flat
Trim: BEHR Semi-gloss in Polar Bear White
Chandelier: Stanton Hill Patina Chandelier (Home Depot)
Upholstered Chairs: Jada Linen Chairs from World Market
Rug: Bella Edison Nickle nuLOOM rug from Wayfair
Additionally, we had new carpet put down on the stairs just next to the dining room and it adds some brightness to the entry and the dining room as well:
BEFORE:
AFTER:







No comments:
Post a Comment