I have toyed with this thought for a while. I have prayed over, analyzed, prepared for and planned for this decision.
I HAVE ADDED DRESSES TO BUNDLE UP BUDDY!
While I have enjoyed making clothes for my girls, I thought maybe I could start selling dresses in the summers while scarves aren't as hot (pun intended). But what finally made me take the plunge was God's gentle nudging confirmed by something said in a sermon Sunday. Our worship leader said that God gives each of us gifts, and a LOT of grace to use them.
No matter what our skills are, God wants us to use those gifts to spread love. Right now, sewing is what I have to offer and I want to use it to help a friend of mine grow her family.
Brooke and Jason Glassburn are friends of ours who are in the process of adoption to grow their family. Their story of infertility, love for each other, and love for kids is SO beautiful. I can't do it justice, but you should definitely check out their blog "Adoption is the New Pregnant".
I mean, how cute are they at their wedding!
They will make the most wonderful parents and I hope to be a small part of their journey to parenthood by donating a portion of all dress proceeds to their adoption fund!
"God sets the lonely in families" - Psalm 68:6
I know there is a special child out there who will join the Glassburn family and I can't wait to see that joyful day!






Such cute dresses! And LOVE your heart to serve your friends in such a tangible way.
ReplyDelete