Gams

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A "HEALTHY" Island Inspired Smoothie

Phil and I just got back from a wonderful 5 day trip to the Cayman Islands {well, we only stayed on the Grand Cayman Island}. Being childless for 5 days on an all-expense paid vacation was relaxing to say the very least.

Being that I wasn't consuming any typical island drinks {read alcohol}, I had many yummy virgin pina coladas, virgin daiquiris and smoothies.

Their smoothies were mmmMMMgood...maybe that is because they made them with real ice cream.

Now that we are home, I want to keep the island vibe alive, but in order for me to also stay alive, I attempted to make healthy smoothies instead.

Here is my version of a healthy smoothie:
1 cup - Milk
6 oz. - yogurt
1 cup - ice
1 cup - strawberries
1 medium - banana
.5 cup - spinach
.5 cup - carrots


All of the ingredients



Looks a little strange, but tastes pretty good!



The whole thing makes 4 cups of smoothie and all 4 cups total only 370 calories. Not a bad middle of the day pick-me-up {plus I get my veggies in that I HATE eating}.

Here are some fun pictures from our lovely trip!


Our first night there was a gorgeous sunset...we were in paradise!

About to sit down for dinner on the beach...what a great view!
Breathtaking
We pretty much just lounged on the sand everyday...and we went snorkeling...the water was salty so it made you so buoyant we could snorkel for hours without a life vest!
The oasis {Westin} that was our resort
Dinner the last night at a Brazilian Steakhouse...OH YUM!
Soaking up the last rays before we headed home!

2 comments:

  1. You just have the cutest pregnant belly! Glad you guys had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in these pics--so glad you guys got this little vacay away!:)

    ReplyDelete